Prep: 5 mins
Cooking: 15- 20 mins
Ages: Toddlers to Teens
Difficulty: Easy peasy
Makes: 4 servings
- 750 grams of brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon of garlic powder
- 40 grams of breadcrumbs
- 40 grams of grated parmesan
- 4 sprigs of parsley leaves finely chopped
- Squeeze of lemon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Clean and trim the brussels sprouts and cut into halves.
- Put them in a large bowl and drizzle the olive oil over. Mix the brussels sprouts around in the oil with a spoon to ensure that they are totally coated in olive oil.
- Sprinkle sea salt, garlic powder, breadcrumbs, grated parmesan cheese and the chopped parsley over the brussels sprouts and mix to combine.
- On a large baking tray spread the brussels sprouts out evenly, they should each have their own space and not be on top of each other.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy immediately!
- Add a very small squeeze of lemon before serving if you like citrus flavour, for added zing!
Tasty brussels sprouts – our step by step guide:
Put your cleaned, trimmed and halved brussels sprouts in a large mixing bowl.
Drizzle the olive oil over and add the breadcrumbs, ⅓ cup of the cheese (save the rest for later), salt and pepper, garlic powder and chopped up parsley.
Give it all a good stir to make sure everything is well coated.
Sprinkle some more breadcrumbs over the top if you don’t feel they are covered enough.
Put your brussels sprouts on a large baking tray.
Spread them out evenly so that each one has it’s own space.
Cook for 15-20 minutes on 200 degrees.
Take your brussels sprouts out of the oven and put them in a serving bowl.
Give them a little squeeze of lemon if you like citrus flavours (optional).
Serve straight away!