Prep: 5 mins
Cooking: 1 hour 45 mins
Difficulty: Easy peasy
Ages: Babies (6m+) to Teens
Makes: 4 small pots of stock
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large carrot, peeled and toughly chopped
- 2 small onions, peeled and halved
- 1 celery stalk, roughly chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- A few sprigs of thyme
- A few sprigs of parsley
- A sprig of rosemary
- baby rice
- Place vegetables (carrot, celery and onion) together with the herbs (parsley, rosemary and thyme) with the chicken thigh in a small sauce pan. Cover with water.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour 45 minutes
- Strain the stock into a bowl using a sieve.
- Discard the solid parts.
- Store in jars in the fridge or ice cube trays in the freezer so that you can use it on demand.
- To make baby gravy, you can heat a portion of your chicken stock and add a few teaspoons of baby rice to thicken!
Baby chicken stock – our step by step guide:
Place all the ingredients (carrot, celery, onion, parsley, rosemary thyme and chicken thighs) in a small sauce pan.
Cover with water and simmer for 1 hour 45 minutes.
Drain the stock, keeping only the liquid.
Store in glass containers in the fridge or ice cube trays in the freezer so that you can use them on demand.
To make gravy for baby simply warm up some chicken stock and add a few teaspoons of baby rice to thicken it into a tasty sauce.