Prep: 10 mins
Cooking: 10 minutes
Ages: Toddlers to Teens
Difficulty: Easy peasy
Makes: 6 servings
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Ripe mango diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Cucumber diced
- 1 tablespoon honey (babies over 1 year)
- Cut the salmon into 1 inch by 2 inch pieces. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, add egg and whisk with a fork. On a large plate, add coconut flakes, garlic powder, salt. Mix well with a fork.
- Add olive oil to a frying pan and put on a medium heat
- Dip both sides of each salmon goujon into the egg wash, then coat in the coconut flakes mixture and place in the pan.
- When golden on one side, flip them over.
- Coconut crusted salmon goujons are best served right away for maximum crispiness. Kids love these and they taste great as one of our healthy gluten free kids meals!
Our step-by-step guide:
Cut the salmon into 1 inch by 2 inch pieces. Set aside.
In a shallow bowl, add the egg and whisk with a fork.
On a large plate, add coconut flakes, garlic powder, salt. Mix them well with a fork.
Dip both sides of each salmon goujon into an egg wash, then coat in coconut flakes mixture.
Place the goujons in a pan and cook until golden.
Flip them onto the other side until all browned.
For the mango salsa put all the ingredients together in a blender and mix into a smooth sauce.
Remember not to add honey if your baby is under 1.
Serve alongside your salmon bites and enjoy!