Prep: 5 minutes
Cooking: 35-40 min
Ages: Toddlers to Teens
Difficulty: Easy peasy
Makes: One 8-9 inch cake
- 2 cups of gluten free all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of xanthan gum
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup of butter softened
- 3 eggs
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon
- Whisk together the flour, xanthan gum (if using), baking powder and sugar
- Add the butter, eggs, milk and vanilla and beat with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 35-40 minutes. The top should be golden and a knife inserted should come out clean.
Our step-by-step guide:
Mix together your gluten free flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and granulated sugar.
Add your butter, milk, eggs and vanilla and whip until everything is combined.
Pour the mixture into your cake tin and smooth to make even.
We added apples and cinnamon to our gluten free cake, but feel free to be creative!
Pop it in the oven for 35-40 minutes
Voila! Enjoy your gluten free cake.