Welcome parent writers
Mas and Pas welcomes new parent writers! We have a growing number of contributors talking about their experiences as a parent. They discuss the journey through all their children’s ages & stages, as well as writing for our Home, Life, Love and Work categories.
If you’re a parent, you enjoy writing and have a story or experience or insight to share, we’d love to hear from you. You can submit an article in the text box here and we will get back to you. Or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What we’re looking for
We are looking for inspiring essays about 600-1200 words long that can be either:
- first person essays from real mums and dads, reflecting on pivotal, or just everyday moments of parenthood. They can be on any topic and in any style. We don’t judge or shame parents or parenting styles so no bad vibes. We do like to talk about the tough stuff, hard experiences and the emotional journeys or moments of parenting. We hope that our pieces will give encouragement to other parents, and let them know they are not alone or to give them a positive lesson or outlook on difficult situations.
- pieces on current events. You may want to write a commentary on something going on in the news, that has been receiving a lot of press and debate. If so, let us know your thoughts on it.
If you are an expert in a certain field, we also welcome pieces offering tips and practical advice to parents on a topic within your area of expertise.
Writing for the first time
- Write from your heart and share your real emotions. Be as honest as you can. If it makes you feel more comfortable you can always choose a different author name for your piece or mark it as anonymous.
- Keep your articles short. Ones around 600-1000 words are great.
- Don’t compare your piece to other people’s. Each story has its own special message, so write it however you think is best.
Some examples of our pieces from parents are:
Please include these details on submission:
- Name and e-mail address
- Author name – either your own name, a pseudonym or ‘anonymous’ as you would like it to appear with the article.
- Your blog or website and related social media accounts – if you don’t have one that’s fine.
- Confirm this content is your original work and has not been previously published.
- Tell us a bit about you with one or two sentences. If you would like us to add an author biography please feel free to attach a photograph of yourself also.
- Submit the article.