Prep: 5 mins
Cooking: 10 mins
Ages: Babies (6m+) to Toddlers
Difficulty: Easy peasy
- 15 green beans
- 1 large date
- 1 cube pork (about 3 x 3 cm)
- Wash and chop the green beans and date. If you’re practising baby led weaning (or if you’re just letting baby explore eating whole pieces of food) leave the pieces long enough or large enough for baby to be able to grab onto later on.
- Place the green beans and date in a steamer, or in a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime place the pork in a separate saucepan of boiling water and simmer for 2-3 minutes until cooked through.
- Baby led weaning: When everything is cooked, serve the green beans and date on a baby bowl or plate. Shred the pork cube into pieces and scatter them over the top. Serve.
- Puree: If you’re making puree then add all the ingredients to the blender with enough water to create the desired consistency. Blend and serve.
Baby’s first foods – our step by step guide:
Wash and chop the green beans and dates.
If your baby will be eating this dish as solid bits of food, make the pieces long enough for baby to hold.
Place them all in a steamer or a saucepan of boiling water, and steam or boil for 10 minutes.
In the meantime place the pork in a saucepan of boiling water and simmer for a few minutes until cooked through.
If you’re offering baby solid chunks, then simply scatter the green beans and date pieces on a plate or in a bowl.
Shred the cooked pork into smaller pieces and sprinkle on top.
If you’re serving baby puree as baby’s first foods, then blend all the ingredients with enough water to reach the desired consistency.