Hummus is that luxuriously creamy, warming food that it perfect for winter evenings and snacks. Try this new take on it by making a delicious pumpkin hummus. This simple and delicious recipe can be enjoyed as a nutritious protein-packed snack or as a healthy canape for a Halloween party. Serve with veg and pitta bread, or as a lunch box staple.
Time: 10 mins
Ages: Toddlers to teens
Difficulty: Easy peasy
Makes: 1 bowl
- 250 grams pumpkin puree (we used canned but you can make homemade pumpkin puree)
- 400 grams cooked canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons of tahini
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Finely mince one clove of garlic.
- Add the garlic together with the other ingredients in a food processor. Blend until a smooth thick paste.
- If necessary add more olive oil to smooth it out further.
Pumpkin hummus – our step-by-step guide:
Simply put all the ingredients into your food processor and blend.
Add olive oil and lemon juice until you get the consistency you like.
Enjoy this pumpkin hummus with pitta bread or veggie sticks!